Sunday, February 5, 2012

A trip in the works [22 weeks]

Today is Sunday, and on Thursday morning, we leave for a short little trip to HAMPTON, VIRGINIA (aka our future home)!  Although this is not necessarily meant to be a "babymoon," I'm sure we'll find some fun non-Air Force things to do while we're out there.  We have two plans as of now:  1) to watch the sun rise over the ocean (since it rises in the east), and 2) to check out the CrossFit gyms in the area (there are 3) to see which one(s) we like.  If you have any suggestions as to what else we can do, please comment and tell me!  We've never been there, thus the reason we're going.  We want to see what the area has to offer before we roll up with our huge truck and a 1 month old in our arms.  Of course, we're also excited to see the base and meet Nic's sponsor, and to see what housing is like.  This little trip will help us visualize the move much easier.  We'll be gone Thursday thru the following Monday (which means a lot of sub planning for me... yuck...) and we couldn't be more pumped!  I'll update you with pictures and news when we get back.  
********************************************

How far along: End of 22nd week (half way through the 6th month)

How big is baby: weighs about 1 lb., is about as long as a spaghetti squash

Maternity clothes:  Still haven't found any pants my length, and have come to accept that I'll have to order them online.  :(  I've been very fond of my leggings and other elastic-y pants lately.  Still sporting the Bella band along with using a rubber band/hair tie around the buttons of pants.

Sleep:  Feels pretty normal!  I wake up about the same amount as I did pre-pregnancy, and dream about as often as I did before, too.  No complaints!

Gender:  Still a girl!  ;)  It's been fun calling her by name and thinking of her as a little person and not just a dot in my belly.

Movement:  Her movements no longer feel like a floppy fish... now they feel more like a large something thumping round in there.  I can tell she's getting stronger by the day, and some of those movements surprise me!  She'll be moving around nice and gently and then bam!- a hard one!  Well... hard for teeny little her, anyway.  It doesn't hurt at all (yet) and is quite fun to experience (as of now).  I would tell Nic when she was moving, and would put his hand right where I could feel it but it seemed like every time he laid his hand down she would quit.  :(  ...Even though I'd just had my hand there 5 seconds earlier...  So for my birthday, I had one real wish:  that Nic would get to feel Audra move.  And alas, when I woke up from my birthday nap I put his hand there and he felt her!  That night, he felt her many more times.  It was a really special moment for us, and was quite the highlight of my day.  Before this week, she would move for only a few seconds at a time.  Now, she'll move for hours at a time.  I'm enjoying every minute!

Belly-button:  Still a tightly stretched innie.  And I still think it's cute.  :)

Exercise:  I  met my goal this week of working out 3 times.  Yay me!   Here's what my workouts looked like:

Monday:
"Baby Desforges" [CrossFit workouts will sometimes have names]
3 rounds of:
5 deadlifts using the barbell at 60 lbs
10 horizontal pull-ups using rings
5 hang power-clean & jerk using the 60 lb barbell
10 toe to bar 
If you're interested in seeing the original "Baby Desforges" workout without my slight changes, look here.  It's the Jan. 28th workout.

Friday:
"Warrick"
15, 12, 9, 6, then 3 of:
Wall balls using 10 lb ball (This means holding the ball, squatting, then standing and simultaneously throwing the ball up about 10 feet.  Catch the ball, repeat w/ squat, stand&throw, squat, stand&throw.)
Step-ups on monster-truck tires
This was the Feb. 3rd workout from CrossFit Mom.


Saturday:
3 rounds of:
500 m row (using rowing maching)
20 Back squats using the 65 lb barbell
40 ab mat sit-ups (workout called for 10 knees to elbows, but bars were all full of tough guys doing pull-ups)
(I can't remember which day this is from.)   

I pick & choose my workouts to try to not overwork one muscle groups more than others. So those that I post on here won't always go in daily order from the website.  I feel pretty good!  I'll continue to do things like using the barbell for cleans and doing ab mat situps as long as my belly isn't in the way.  Like I've said before, I take VERY frequent breaks and drink lots of water.  I also wear a heart-rate monitor and keep close tabs on that throughout the workout.

What I'm loving:  Life, in general.  Turning 27 and being pregnant and very happily married with 2 sets of parents to love who love me... having a good job with great superiors and cheerful colleagues.  Having things to look forward to (traveling, baby, moving).  And, AND (this seems more trivial) SPRING is just around the corner!  I am SO ready to wear flip-flops and capris again!!!

What I'm NOT loving:  Peeing all the time, that Nic leaves in about 3 weeks, all the things that have to get done before we leave for our trip on Thursday.

What I miss:  Margaritas.  Today is the Super Bowl and my friends are having a mexican-themed party.  I would love to be there eating nachos and drinking margaritas.  But I will settle for staying home and doing the work that has to get done so we can leave on Thursday (I have something to do Monday, Tues & Wed after school so tonight is it.  Blah.).


Tomorrow starts week 23, over halfway through the 6th month!

4 comments:

  1. Stef and Nic
    Wow, I love your blog... I learned a lot about my niece and nephew by marriage.. I am as anxious as you to see you with baby Audra in your and Nic's arms... Good luck on your trip, and be safe. Love the name of your future baby girl. I know she will be as beautiful as you were as a baby... God Bless Both of you in your endeavers and God Bless Nic for fighting for our country. Love you both, Aunt Doie and Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, as I do all of them. I love reading about what's going on in your life. I appreciate your blogs and all of the phone calls. With you living so far away, it makes me feel like I'm still a part of your life. I love you for being you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us informed. It almost feels like we are a part of your life. Just keep on loving life and living it to the fullest. I am so happy that you and your mom are still so close to each other. You really have a lot to be thankful for. Will keep reading your blog. Have a great week and have a great time on your trip. We use to live where you are going but its been almost 38 years so I know that things have changed a lot since we live there. Just enjoy being together and exploring this area together and making plans for your future together. We love you. Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to read about you and Miss Audra..can't wait to see y'all in less than 2 weeks! love, Abi

    ReplyDelete